[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] High voltage diodes [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] High voltage diodes

Matthew,

Gurrent limiting by a series of resistors. In my work, I have used 10pcs.
of VR37 resistors each 12Mohm.
But limit down to less than 1mA
The purpose here is to limit the current to a level where there is only a
faint corona at the tips of the charging comb. You may be able to hear
it, but otherwise it should only be visible in total darkness. Too much
current, and there is the possibility that arc discharge takes place, and
this ruins the belt in short order.

Hope this helps, Finn Hammer