Here's a technique that I use to adjust the blade on my cheap Craftsman table saw. First adjust the fence to be parallel to the miter grooves in the table top. Raise the blade to its highest position. Loosen the bolts underneath the table that hold the blade arbor cradle and the slide the fence up to the blade sandwiching a piece of wood between the blade and the fence. Lock down the fence and then using a pair of c-clamps clamp the blade, the block of wood and fence together.
Now tighten the cradle bolts.  Hopefully this will  get you in the ballpark.

Dave

At 12:26 PM 9/6/2015, you wrote:
Suggestion: go to www.owwm.org and look in the BYOD section for woodworking
- this is a group that specializes in older wood working tools, not the
complete junk that is sold to people that don't know better by the big box
stores.  I have sold a Rockwell Unisaw for far less than the usless saw you
bought cost.   You can get a decent saw with a cast iron top for as little
as $10 if you look around.  Don't settle for stamped out garbage that is
barely suitable for cutting framing lumber.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of daniel hess
Sent: Sunday, September 6, 2015 10:39 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [TCML] Off topic table saw question.

Matt:

I don't think you need a cabinet-grade table saw to get better-than-decent
straight cuts. I have an old Craftsman, Made-in-Taiwan 10" table saw that
with the proper time spent setting up & adjusting, (and using a dial gauge),
cuts beautifully straight & true.
But 1/8th of an inch is an awful lot. Usually, when a saw is out of
alignment were speaking a a few thousands of an inch. 1/8" sounds like it's
been dropped or otherwise seriously damaged. Otherwise, Bosch makes better
than average equipment.

I can't tell you what to do but if I could get a refund, I think I would do
so and keep looking. Perhaps that's why you got this saw at such a 'great'
price?

Best of luck,

Daniel