[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] Power factor correction [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Power factor correction

I'm at the point I need to add some motor run caps, I'm thinking the same that go on your ac units in the 40-50uf 330-440v variety unless someone has a better sugestion.  Looks like I will need around 150uf per transformer I have 3 12/60 NST.  Biggest question is do I run all 9 parallel or run about 3 strings of 3 to each?  Would before or after the EMI filters make a difference.
Blowing 20 amp fuses on variac, don't have a clamp meter and my dmm is only good to 10 amps inline.  I was going to add some and then start measuring the current?
John Cooper

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S5™, a Cricket 4G LTE smartphone