[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Capacitor size needed [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Capacitor size needed

Hi Kerry,

Assuming that you have 60Hz power and are using a static gap - the optimal
value for your capacitor would be ~ .008uF.  The thinking now is that the
cap value should be higher than the mains-resonant value - Larger Than
Resonant, or LTR.  See
http://www.classictesla.com/hot-streamer/temp/MMCcapSales.gif

So you actually want to use just 13 of your caps to arrive at .0077uF

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA