[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Ultraviolet Observations? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 4:16 PM, Allen via Tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was waiting to see when someone would figure out it would be impossible
> to take a photo of the radio frequency electromagnetic spectra output from
> a Tesla coil. Very good Mr Atomic!

There are a lot of things that are impossible... until someone actually
does it.

It is impossible to build a radio telescope for the same reasons as you
noted, but if you build an array of telescopes you can see distant stars in
radio frequencies.

The same physics that allows for radio telescopes can be applied to CCD
sensors and allow us to visualize smaller objects in radio frequencies.
Using lenses, filters, and computer processors, an array of CCD image data
could provide a reasonable visualization of radio frequencies from a Tesla
coil. It very well may be that this technology is not available on the
market, but it could be if someone built it. Hence, this discussion.

Dave