[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Ultraviolet Observations? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Ultraviolet Observations?

Ray,

I am loosely quoting FCC bands, but I'm also using it just as a generic
term to signify a range of frequencies used by a particular Tesla coil.
Since Tesla coils are basically radio transmitters that can be tuned to any
frequency there really is not a specific output frequency range to focus on.

The idea of using CCD cameras that operate in the frequency range of the
coil output seems like a good place to start. I can imagine a camera and
processor that converts radio waves into visible frequencies for display on
a monitor. The system could allow for color assignment to be "tunable" and
"compressable" within the limits of the CCD. By compressable I mean having
the ability to assign the visible spectrum to an adjustable bandwidth. By
tunable I mean having the ability to assign the red spectrum to any
specific radio frequency (within the limits of the CCD).

Although I can imagine Hertz and others wanting to be able to visualize
radio waves, I am not aware of any progress on this from 100 or more years
ago. If you know of something, I would like to read about it.

I imagine that if radio waves of a Tesla coil were observed, the Tesla coil
itself would look like a light bulb with brightness and colors emanating
from different parts. We would still need a "white" screen or other
reflective surfaces in the background to see the effects of the light.
After all, light is not actually visible, it just illuminates opaque
objects. It would be similar to an x-ray machine or a flashlight.

Dave