[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Ultraviolet Observations? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Ultraviolet Observations?

It would be very useful for coilers to investigate the various frequency
ranges at use in a Tesla coil and produce a real time visual output of
their activity. I hope you have the perseverance to continue with this
pursuit until you get results.

It might help to think about the various frequency bands being used. There
is the superlow frequency band that powers the transformer, which should be
just as fascinating and informative as the other frequency bands.

Then there is the ultralow frequency band that drives the resonator
circuit. This will show us the strengths and weaknesses of the coil design.

Then there are the various higher frequency bands of the output, depending
on the coil construction.

And then there are the "secondary" frequencies generated by environmental
interactions, such as the production of light from gas molecules
surrounding the coil. Of course, by "secondary," I am not referring to the
"secondary coil" but to the effects of the whole resonator on the
environment.

Because of the wide range of frequencies and their varying natures, it will
be necessary to have several sets of tuned sensors focusing on each band of
interest.

In my experiments, which at one time were performed in a special room lined
with aluminum coated space blankets, I noticed the various coil
configurations behaved significantly different than when there was no
reflective container. One of my combination flat spiral and tall solenoid
coils produced stable ion jets at the top load, rather than typical
streamers.

In nearly all cases, the E fields of my coils were much stronger than when
performed outside of the reflective container.

As for detecting x-rays, I imagine a dosimeter would help. I never did use
a dosimeter while operating my coils, but I wish I had. There came a time
when I felt the effects of radiation poisoning and simply shut down my
coils for several years while I regained my health. And it is for this
reason that I am very interested in your eagerness to visually map the
radiations of the coils. I would like to see exactly what I am creating
when I build unusual coil configurations in unusual environmental
situations. I realize you are interested in more than the total energy
output of x-rays, but I mention this as a matter of experience.

I do know that x-ray video technology exists and is used in commerce; you
have seen them at airports when they scan your baggage. Perhaps one of
these machines can be repurposed for TC monitoring?

Dave