[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Ultraviolet Observations? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Ultraviolet Observations?

Well first off, I think that it will be interesting to see what
specifically is produced within this range.  I am curious as to whether or
not x-rays will be produced, but I (at this moment) cannot acquire
equipment sensitive enough to capture x-rays (to my knowledge).  Presently
I thought that I would start within the visible light + 250-400nm and IR
portion of the spectrum and then see what comes of it.  I figured that it
may be interesting to see if anyone else has seen results from this.

For example, there was a particular video that recently caught my eye that
a friend shared with me from NASA.  It is the "Tether Incident" from 1996.
What intrigued me was the additional "objects" that were seen within the UV
portion of the spectrum.  Granted, I don't know how to interpret the very
interesting results from that video, but what really got me thinking was
that it does appear that some higher energy "objects" may have been
captured in the UV portion of the spectrum.  With that I got to thinking
that it could potentially shed some light on establishing additional
meaningful feedback for my own experiments and perhaps expand my level of
understanding both in the way of what is going on and patterns of energy,
etc.

To this end, I was thinking that a UV pass only filter could be useful on
this camera.  BUT, I suppose too that I could get very interesting results
simply by working in a low to no light room that would facilitate perhaps
even more clarity of what would be going on.

Thanks for getting me thinking.  Your question as to "why" made me think
that perhaps indeed I can manually limit lighting to actually accomplish my
goal without actually utilizing a UV pass filter.

-G