[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] electronic ignitor [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] electronic ignitor

Looking at a Allanson 2275-U oil burner transformer  and its feasibility as a jacobs ladder first, but incorporated into my tesla coil so that when power is applied I will have a visual and audio reminder that power is applied.  A single relay will switch power from it to my NST’s that power the tesla coil.

Concern 1 is how will an electronic igniter hold up to continuous shorts versus an older type.

Concern 2 is will the tesla coil fry it cause its electronic.

I believe the case is metal (cant really tell it may be plastic).  if Not containing it in a metal enclosure should help but I believe the jacobs ladder rails will make perfect antennas.  It would be directly below the coil itself hopefully this area would have a null?

John Cooper WT5Y