[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Operational Frequency ? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Operational Frequency ?

Why do you think the secondary is 'user unfriendly' - I don't think you'll
need to adjust it much? If you're worried about the turns getting damaged,
a few coats of polyurethane will keep them in place and protect them. The
primary is a double PC board for increasing current handling capability.
And like you said, since it's un-tunable due to the solder mask on the
primary, I was puzzled why you wanted to then use half the primary. The
OneTesla kit was specifically designed to be tuned optimally right out of
the box so you shouldn't need to do anything.​

I wouldn't try changing the frequency, especially not to 500kHz. This
requires the drivers to switch at two the frequency and twice the power. In
addition, the IGBTs will be switching at a much higher frequency, and you
run the risk of the IGBTs switching significant primary current since the
resonant frequency is now twice, but the switching delays remain the same.