[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Mouldy RSG electrodes? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Mouldy RSG electrodes?

Phil,

My only suggestion would be possible oxidation. I had noticed a white to yellowish-brown powdery residue form on (and around) the RSG components after so much run time. Back then, in my early days of big coiling, I was running solid brass electrodes and of course, they were eroding at a fairly good clip. My electrodes now are all pure tungsten, though, and this problem seems to be considerably less prevalent since going to pure tungsten. Maybe the copper tungsten alloy is eroding/burning more and causing more residue than pure tungsten? Otherwise, I'm lost, too.

David