[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] Mouldy RSG electrodes? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Mouldy RSG electrodes?

Gents,

The electrodes of my RSG had quite an odd appearance when viewed up close,
after running at a recent teslathon, obviously not really mould, but I have
never seen this occur before:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33962508@N03/16794887172/in/photostream/lightb
ox/

(click to enlarge)

Ablation was only around 10 thou or so, and the ridges that you see are
mainly formed by deposits. The outer two are the stationary pair (3/8 inch
Tungsten/copper alloy), while the centre one, is one of the four rotating
ones (0.25 inch thoriated tungsten).The other three looked the same. Power
was around 7.5 kw

Phil