[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Dual identical FRANCE neon sign transformers (15000v 60mA each) in parallel [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Dual identical FRANCE neon sign transformers (15000v 60mA each) in parallel

100 nF sounds a little high for 120 ma. That's what I use for 25 kVA.

      From: Timothy Gilmore <tdg8934@xxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Monday, March 2, 2015 2:18 PM
 Subject: Re: [TCML] Dual identical FRANCE neon sign transformers (15000v 60mA each) in parallel

I was able to win on eBay a nice 6"x30" secondary (1400 turns 24 gauge) so
I think I'm set here. I also made a toroid from 6" aluminum dryer ducting
with a 24" total diameter. It's not 30" like the secondary winding but
should have good results with a grounding ring above the primary copper
tubing.

All that's left is capacitance as I'll probably need about 100 nF to keep
the primary taping under 12 turns otherwise I'll need to add more copper
tube windings on the primary. And finally some sort of a spark gap with fan
and upgrade to something fancy later on.

Tim