[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Primary turns, Capacitance & Topload: Torriod or Sphere? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Primary turns, Capacitance & Topload: Torriod or Sphere?

I went to Lowes and found 6" x 8' aluminum dryer duct and arranged it into
roughly a total diameter of 24" and inner ring diameter of 6". I used some
13" pizza foil trays re-inforced with 2 cardboard pieces wrapped in foil in
the center from Dollar General. All of this is held together with a nylon
toilet bolt.

With this info entered into the software it shows a capacitor needed of 20
nf at 19 turns (which means I would need to add more copper tubing which is
ok) OR at 100 nf at my current max length of 12 turns.

Any thoughts here.