[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] High Voltage Transformer Needed [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

On 01/24/2015 06:36 PM, Roger wrote:
> I am doing some research building some negative ion generator circuits.
>
> I need to find a high voltage transformer that will be 100 volts in and 8KV
> out.
>
> Any sources would be appreciated.

From my understanding, you will generate the highest amount of negative
ions with a high frequency/high voltage setup.  While the circuitry
involved can be more complicated, you save a lot on weight, and it is
vastly more efficient.

I would look into a flyback transformer if I was doing this.

Jon