[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] electronic ignition modules [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] electronic ignition modules

On 1/4/15 1:11 PM, deano wrote:
On Sun, 04 Jan 2015 11:43:51 -0800
Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm working on a new triggered spark gap design, and I'm looking for
an off the shelf "ignition module" that takes either the magnetic
pulse, optical, or conventional points and generates the HV pulse
into the coil.

GM HEI 4 Pin Ignition Module
used in 1974-1988 Chevy Pontiac Oldsmobile GMC maybe others
About $15 at N.A.P.A.

Uses reluctor pickup in OEM applications
Can be used with points by adding a pull-up resistor
works well with digital signal for input: Hall effect, optical, timer,
etc.,

Example of use with wiring diagrams etc. where is triggered by pulse
from car computer:
http://www.clubprotege.com/wil/howto/hei/index.htm

That would be my recommendation:-)

Most excellent... exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

Time to whip on down to the auto parts store.