[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Need some advice on 150kva sgtc [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Need some advice on 150kva sgtc

two times the brake rate dropped belowe 150 bps and the fuses popped i'm
pretty sure that they where firewheel faults.
I use a 60 cm fr10 disc with 12 slabs of tungsten 5 by 50 by 75mm at 2000
rpm . stationary gaps are 10mm thick tungsten slabs.
dwell time must be low with the 5mm contact passing by at roughly 100m/s
\
\> Wow, that indeed sounds like a well designed charging reactor for that
> system! Amazing.
>
> Do you have some specs of your rotary also? With 700bps I guess you are
> using one big disc with at least 10 electrodes to keep the speed and
> therefore mechanic stress on the disc relatively low. Or are you using a
> full metal disc + insulating shaft? That would make higher speeds possible
> with not so much electrodes. What is the diameter of your electrodes?
>
> By the way, what is your experience with very low break rates? Did you try
> out, at which speed the spark gap ignites a "firewheel"? Your reactor is
> only 500mH so I think low break rates are particulary critical, because
> the
> current through the reactor rises at a very fast rate, when the power
> supply
> is short circuited accros the closed gap through the reactor and it opens
> slow at low break rates? What are your observations?
> My system is designed for 400bps with a 12,4H reactor, but until now I
> didn't dare to gow below 200bps altough there where no signs of any
> problems, I guess I could go even down to 100bps, will have to try this :)
>
> Regards,
> Stefan

>>> speed. By the way, when using more than 4 series gaps in the rotary, it