[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Hairpin circuit triggered circuit breaker without the spark gap firing [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Hairpin circuit triggered circuit breaker without the spark gap firing

Hi Dave,

The thermistor I used is rated Rcold=1.0 Ohm, Rhot=0.015 Ohm.  I see this
on eBay, looks like what I have:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-PCS-SG405-RTI-SURGE-GUARD-NTC-THERMISTORS-1-Ohm-30A-/121126970034?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c33bae2b2
I found the datesheet at
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/601139/AMETHERM/SG405.html

I don't think it's possible to parallel NTC devices unless you have a way
to closely couple them thermally.  But this is the part needed, and the
price is right.  A lot easier than the relay/resistor approach.

Regards, Gary