[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Hairpin circuit triggered circuit breaker without the spark gap firing [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Hairpin circuit triggered circuit breaker without the spark gap firing

A quick note - when you are using your DMM to measure your Variac, you are
measuring the direct current resistance of its windings and ___NOT___ its
inductive reactance at 60HZ.

There is a very big difference between these two...

http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/inductor/ac-inductors.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_reactance

Also, I looked at the transformacomm website and the circuit that the guy
built uses carbon arc electrodes for his "Tesla Circuit"

Absolutely the wrong thing to use - you want an arc that will disrupt or
quench as soon as possible -- this is why so many coilers use rotary or
air-blown gaps.

Carbon electrodes will just keep the arc going and present a huge
short-circuit across whatever it is that you are trying to do.

Dave