From: Brandon Garretson <garretsontech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/26/2015  09:15  (GMT-06:00)
Subject: Re: [TCML] 6" Coil Sparks too short

> > >    - Rotary spark gap 1780rpm with 3 tungsten electrodes.

My math could be wrong (and usually it is) but that tells me youre running
89 breaks per second?
You should be running 5 - 6 times that.
Im also assuming this is not a synchronous motor.
A SRSG with a phase angle adjuster would be the way to go.
Also, from the photo it looks to be a little under coupled but I think your
main problem is the low break rate of the gap.