[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Dual identical FRANCE neon sign transformers (15000v 60mA each) in parallel [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Dual identical FRANCE neon sign transformers (15000v 60mA each) in parallel

Gary,

Sounds like a pretty scary adventure veering off from the plans I have
which indicate simple things such as just adding more capacitance. I think
what I will do first is get a working single NST tesla coil first
(15kv/60mA) and using the 2nd NST as a backup incase the first ever gets
fried. If it looks like the design is stable than perhaps later on I will
take on a 2 NST new design. Its been 35 years since I built my first and so
much great development has happened and new ideas learned by the smart
people here and other places in the Tesla Coil world. Thanks again for your
insight and the others here that make this such a fun hobby.

Tim