[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] Synchronous Gap understanding [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Synchronous Gap understanding

Hello every one - I just wanted to double check my understanding of how the electrodes "close" in a sync gap . If I understand this correctly, a sync gap fires as the moving electrode approaches the stationary electrode, by the arcing distance of the voltage on the cap and not when the the electrode is moving away? Right? And the John Freau phase controller delays the arrival of the moving electrode so as to increase the distance to the stationary electrode, there by increasing the voltage on the cap? Is this correct? I know these are silly questions but I just want to be absolutely sure I under stand this correctly.

Thanks
Dave