[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] VDG pickups (was Ignition coil driver) [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] VDG pickups (was Ignition coil driver)

Exactly. I built a big one for a science center and used a 10kv charger
from a photocopier. On dry days 4 foot sparks were common. We tried a
1/4 horse motor, but it couldn't push the charged belt into the ball,
then a 1/2 horse, same thing. Finally I used a 1 hp motor and within 2
or 3 seconds our long haired blond TA was a full sunburst of upright hair.