[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] 1 day medium power VDG [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] 1 day medium power VDG

I built this little one today using an existing collector and a new motor.

I removed the corona ring and taped an aluminum static shield outside the
main tube about 1/2 inch from opening and 1 inch wide. It didn't stop the
butt leakage but for some reason it helped overall. Maybe I just suck with
corona rings or field formation to metal drive components.

I show a few videos one for longer discharges and other close up. Sure its
no Tesla coil but it puts out good charge rate (besides leakage) and not
bad for such a simple device.

https://youtu.be/KM05idNLUAU

https://youtu.be/sgLfUq_McWY

Now how to deal with the bottom leakage? Grrrrr!

Matt