[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Question for solid-staters [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Question for solid-staters

More accurately, Re: Question for single-resonance solid-staters--of which there seem to be mighty few still around.

Having been involved in deciding on series or parallel single-resonance with synchronized primaries (from secondary feedback), I've received good advice recently but have thought to make a simple simulation to further pursue it. Ref. the following link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28799314/TCRB3/KCH-Screenshot%20-%204_24_2015.jpg

Two anti-phase drives of 300V each drive 2 identical primary coils. The transformer is a simulation of a Tesla coil (with the secondary inductance of my actual coil) and its top-load. The secondary Fr is what's calculated for those L & C values--absent any primary influence.

In the chart, I started out at primary:primary k = 1 and primary/primary:secondary k = 0.8. Ran a 1ms simulation, measured the maximum, entered that into the chart, etc. Finding 35KV as the maximum in that column, I proceeded leftward then upward similarly, reaching the sweet spot of the one k = 0.9 and the other, 0.4. I then set R1 to 100K, just the once, and ran that again. That seemed to show that paralleling primaries closely together and setting a rather loose coupling to the secondary yields the best response (and the easiest way to do it).

I just note I made an error on the chart, substituting +144K for *144K in the notation. Won't bother changing it...

This seems to further tell me that I don't have to series the primaries to create 1 effective coil but rather can configure them just physically & electrically in parallel.

Comments, anyone?

 KCH