[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] Over Current potection [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Over Current potection

Hello list !!!  Please excuse my interruption.

I´m developing a corona discarge generator for plastic film treatment and
i´m using a circuit that is quite similar to a SSTC

In my case a half bridge inverter driving a ferrite core transformer with
20 turn in the primary and 800 turns in the secondary.

Caracteristics of the generator: 220 VAC mains, 320 VDC bus, 30 Khz, 500V
20A pair of mosfet, 1Kw power

Here some short videos of the aplications:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoL1kc9MtPQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv-UxYltXxo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCjmMHeI9Ug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StgbV766dqQ

Due to its resonant behaviour the current on the primary is cuasi sinusoidal

I need to implement an over current protection on the primary to portect
the bridge.

Some tesla coilers use a current transformer but i can´t find a comparator
or an appropriate circuit to manage the signal of the CT

Has anyone any idea for this?

Thanks

Patricio