[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil parameters list like Tesla Map software (i.e. spark length, secondary height, # of NSTs)? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil parameters list like Tesla Map software (i.e. spark length, secondary height, # of NSTs)?

Series connecting primaries is no different at 240 volt than connecting one at 120. Maybe I wasn't clear. We were trying to keep from tripping the breaker, no?

      From: David Speck <Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 6:46 PM
 Subject: Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil parameters list like Tesla Map software (i.e. spark length, secondary height, # of NSTs)?

Yurtle,

Sorry, but you cannot series connect NSTs, because practically all of
them have center tapped secondaries which are connected to the cases.
You would see voltage equal to the sum of half of the two secondary
voltages between the two cases.

Paralleling them is fine, series connecting them will not work.

Dave

On 4/7/2015 1:17 PM, Yurtle Turtle via Tesla wrote:
> There's no reason both NSTs have to be paralleled on a single 120 volt circuit. If you have 240 volts or can buy a breaker and run a circuit, you can run the two NSTs in series, but you'll have to rephase the secondaries.
Yurtle,