[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil parameters list like Tesla Map software (i.e. spark length, secondary height, # of NSTs)? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil parameters list like Tesla Map software (i.e. spark length, secondary height, # of NSTs)?

David,

72" WOW as I have similar specs but only get 36-48" or so.

Here are my specs:
15kv, 120ma    <-- Same (2 15kv 60mA NSTs)

3 levels of 0.010uf in parallel for 0.030uf mmc (30kv)    <--- Seems like
your double of what mine is

2 parallel tungsten gaps "about" 1/4" separation each (with a squirrel cage
fan blowing on them)   <--- *Should these be tighter since there are 2 of
them? (i.e. 1/8" inch each)*

Secondary - 6"dia x 31"lg 1400 turns No. 24

Top load - 6" x 25" aluminum dryer ducting and foil pizza pans with foil
wrapped cardboard between and nylon toilet bolt   <-- NOT wrapped in 3"
aluminum tape
(Would wrapping this improve the length significantly). I have the
materials for an 8" aluminum dryer ducting, aluminum tape, 17.75" x 1"
circular wood table (to be wrapped in foil and then glued and possibly
aluminum taped). *Should I just wrap the 6" more flimsy version or go with
the bigger 8" more solid heavier version (to construct) - OR use both on
top (wrapped/unwrapped in aluminum tape)?*

Primary 0.25" copper refrigerator coil in single layer tapped at 12.5 turns

I was thinking of the rotary gap motor version for the spark gap but have
no idea where to even start on this. I was hoping to get everything the
best I could first before and if I go down that route.

*So what has the greatest impact on spark length - the rotary spark gap or
the wrapped aluminum tape on the toroid - or are both necessary?*

Thoughts?

Tim