[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] Choosing between different capacitors to make MMC [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Choosing between different capacitors to make MMC

Hello people

This is my first post on the mailing list. I'm actually working on a Spark
gap tesla Coil, and am stuck at making a choice as to which capacitor
should be used for making the MMC.
I have gone through the list of Good and Bad Capacitors compiled on the
mailing list and many other sites, but these ones haven't been listed
anywhere. If anyone of you have previously worked with the below mentioned
capacitors, or can provide any information about the reliability of these
capacitors in an MMC, it will be really helpful.

1. WIMA MKP10 series 47nF 1kV
Mfr Part#: MKP1O124704F00KSSD
http://goo.gl/ISMpzu
dV/dt ; 2700

2. Panasonic ECW-HA3C473J
47nF 1.6kV
http://goo.gl/yWDkUS
dV/dt ; 2000

3. EPCOS B32653A1223K
22nF 1.6kV
http://goo.gl/cFjyr2
dV/dt : 2400

4. Vishay MKP1841347135
47nF 1.6kV
http://goo.gl/vIMwX8
dV/dt : 2680

These are the few good options that I found suitable for my requirements.
Any other economical and similar suggestions are also welcome.
Thanks

Ayush Sharma
ᐧ