[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Resin or fibergl - motor controller ideas [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Resin or fibergl - motor controller ideas

Dave,

The circulating currents through your spark gap will measure dozens or hundreds of amps during TC operation. I suspect that they will make magnetic fields that will totally confuse your Hall effect sensor. On top of that, neither copper nor tungsten are magnetic, so I would not expect a Hall effect sensor to be able to "see" them

TC environments are very hostile locations for microcomputers because of all of the RF noise generated.

You might do better with a remotely located photodiode coupled by an optical fiber link. You would have to shield the fiber input from the light of the spark gap, but this might be easier than trying to magnetically shield your Hall sensor.

(Another) Dave