[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] airgaps are your friend [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] airgaps are your friend

Jim
Had a similar wake up call where I work as
a consultant.  Come in one morning, one
compartment of a double ended 1000/1250kVA
substation is open and has a fan blowing on it.
Vacuum bottle contactor direct mounted to 1.6kA
bus ( main is OCPD).  OL had been tripping
and reset multiple times, without finding
reason and correcting issue causing OL trip.
Called a plant meeting advising plants have
been destroyed and people killed or severely
injuried trying to restart into a fault.

OBTW the cal/cm^2 at 18" was 54 (no safety
PPE exists energized work prohibited). Motor
was "only" 350HP and 480v.
Does someone have a death wish out there?

--
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA USA

Sharpe's Axiom of Murphy's Law