[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] 30kVA 3-Phase Variac [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] 30kVA 3-Phase Variac

Hi Alex,

Yes, I've heard of electronic phase shifters for controlling big powered AC loads, but I've also heard they can be rather problematic when trying to control an EM "dirty" load like a SG Tesla coil. I know the neon sign industry has gone more with these for their bombarding operations instead of massive variacs, but then again, a bombarder transformer cleaning down a neon tube is not an EM or RF dirty environment.

David