[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] What is the best place for Charging Reactor? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] What is the best place for Charging Reactor?

I using a new Delta bench grinder motor with a Variac for the speed control
with about 3200 RPMs maximum.   On my large 6-inch coil The 5H choke sets
about two feet below and back of the primary coil.  I'm also using a string
of blocking diodes in series with my chokes.  Things I need.  More space,
larger toroid and more bravery.  My first Tesla coil was a vacuum coil
built in 1956 for a science project.  Learning about MMC and DC coils
change everything for me in build really great performing coil.  I have
built a number of large oil filled caps and never had anywhere near the
results that the MMC have provided.  Mainly, I can think the folks here for
my Tesla coil education.  Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge.
Charles