[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Finished: New 600bps Rotary, Power Controller + Variac for DC resonant charging TC [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Finished: New 600bps Rotary, Power Controller + Variac for DC resonant charging TC

Very nice construction.  Much neater than my single phase dc rotary gaps.
I'm running just shy of 20,000 VDC input and had to increase my rotary
fixed contacts in a 12 inch diameter circle.   Smaller than that caused the
charging arc to follow over to the discharge electrodes.  I have 8 fixed
electrodes and two rotating electrodes giving two complete charge/discharge
cycles per RPM.  All of my electrodes are made of brass.   I have a lot of
brass material and replacement is easy.  I'm getting over 5 ft arcs with
less than 200 VAC into my system.   I'll need to move the coil outdoors to
run at full output.   As far as I'm concerned DC coiling works the best for
me.   I also have a small DC testing setup with a similar 8 contact RSG
that I use for check a number of secondary coils and other DC experiments.