[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] SGTC keys to music [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] SGTC keys to music

On 11/25/14, 2:13 PM, John Cooper wrote:
I can play a musical beat or morse by hand through my relay by keying one side of my paddle.  No straight key yet.  I added a radio shack 120/12v 450ma transformer and used doorbell wire (taped to the ext cord that powers everything) to the key and back down to 120v relay (12vac coil).  I know its highly illegal to use a spark gap transmitter but just running a spark gap coil normally would be just as illegal right?  I know it doesn't get into my tvs or lights or my 2 meter fm radio (antenna shares ground with tesla coil). Have yet to check it out with 160m-10m hf ssb/cw rig.  Its not something I plan on doing (morse code) but the keyer works like a dead key.

John cooper WT5Y

You'll hear it on HF..

The signal is pretty weak.. A friend went trying to find Brian Basura's teslathon 10 years ago and lost the directions, so he figured he'd DF on the RF noise. Not a chance.

 Don't go expecting "UR 599, QSO?"

More like a "UR 332, AGN?"