[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] SGTC keys to music [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] SGTC keys to music

Hi John,

Actually, a coil that is designed to produce "sparks" is a VERY inefficient RF transmitter and would likely be an inconsequential source of interference to virtually all of the commercial bands of radio frequencies beyond a few tens of meters from the coil, at the most. About the only way that a TC becomes a significant SG transmitter is for it to have a top load so large that it cannot break out with any sparks. The electromagnetic and electrostatic fields in the immediate vicinity of a sparking Tesla coil are of your main concern, although l am not sure that your coil sharing the ground with your short wave radio is the best situation. It's probably not an issue either, though, as long as you don't plan on using your radio and TC simultaneously ;-)

David