[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] SRSG @ 360 bps (60Hz) or 300 bps (50Hz) [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] SRSG @ 360 bps (60Hz) or 300 bps (50Hz)

Phil,

At one time I performed a comparison of 300bps to 360bps for a customer. This was done using a 12" Tesla Coil, a SRSG capable of 50/60hz, and a dual frequency 150kw Show Power generator. Most of the measurements were subjective except the total power throughput. We observed that operation at 50hz produced an apparent 20% less performance in arc length. This was checked multiple times by switching back and forth between 50hz and 60hz. Measuring the total power the system consumed also supported this conclusion and fits with the lower break rate.

Regards,
BrianB