[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] Couple questions on coiling [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Couple questions on coiling

On strike rings can you have more than one as long as they dont make a full circle?  Will a sheet of lexan over primary help insulate it or can a strike go through the sheet of plastic?

As far as running the coil can it be ran without the toroid and without the secondary?  I'm thinking not since its tuned all together, curious if anyones done it?

Has there ever been a coil built with 3 primary coils ie a large one on bottom not connected to anything the normal in middle in circuit and a smaller one on top.  Like a vertical yagi with driver element reflector?  If there's any hams in this group they will know I mean I hope.

John cooper WT5Y

Sent from my Cricket smartphone