From: William Howard <snakeprior@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, May 19, 2014 6:56 pm
Subject: Re: [TCML] Maximum arc length from 700w VTTC?

Dear John,
Thanks for the explanation of my questions, I see that alot in the design
is there to protect the tube.

I hooked the coil up last night with a voltage doubler and got slightly
longer arcs but much hotter and louder. It kept overheating my diodes.

So I agree it must be more than 700w. I will increase my grid leak from 180
ohms to 500 or more and focus on tuning to get more spark length instead of
power.

That is until my new mot transformers arrive and I use a battery powered
rectifier tube in the doubler!

But I am more satisfied than before now probably because fear has crept in
now.

A guy on youtube made 50cm sparks with 2000va by putting 600v on the screen
I think this will be the next mod.

I'm going to put a power meter on the mot soon and check the current draw.

I would like a stable coil I can run for 30 mins but understand its quite
technical.

Thanks again.
-Wil