[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] wireless tuned lamps [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] wireless tuned lamps

I'd like to make a bunch of 3 foot fluorescent tubes for my upcoming
high voltage show at the Ontario Science Center. The idea is to hand out
6 or 7 of these into the audience then turn on the coil with just a very
small amount of current from the main variac. So without any visible
plasma discharge from the toroid, the lamps light up in the crowd and
boosts their anticipation.

I'd like to extend the range of these lamps and I thought of putting a
tuned receiver onto their ends. This would be a layer of copper wire and
a variable capacitor in a tank circuit. Each audience member could tune
their lamp to dim it when it got too bright. The copper winding and the
design would be in a retro style from Tesla's era. Any opinions?

Dave Boyle
Tesla Firma
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2081620167/tesla-firma-building-a-tesla-coil-for-teslas-birth