[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] Was: 3 phase transformer center point Now: math error [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Was: 3 phase transformer center point Now: math error

Hello Group:

My last post was a link to my progress blog and a voltage reduction scheme
for a # phase DC resonant charger I am working on. By back feeding a Line to
Line output with a measured MOT connected, I got in the estimated ratio of
50:1 so 208V (3 phase in is ~ 10,400 volts Line to Line) This gives full
wave 6 pulse output of SQR2*SQR* Vline= Vout 6 pulse or 1.41 * 1.732 *
10,400=~ 25.4KV ! This is then Doubled by the resonant inductor out! That
voltage is way out of my league in Tesla coiling! 50KV? Yow!

So a way has to be found to half the Line to Line out to around 5KV which I
believe is on Richie Burnett's example coil. Volia', I found a phase center
point connection.

The "phase" voltage (one leg to common) is 10,400/SQR3 or 10,400/ 1.732 =
6004V still a bit high but I can control the input voltage. My previous post
had a math error. Splitting the phase voltage in 1/2  at the center point
would be 3000v to stand off between adjacent coil packs. This should be
doable. A horseshoe like shim  with a rear "I" should maybe do it (Teflon).
I am open for suggestions. Look at the transformer picture on the progress
blog which depicts the center point where up to 3000 Volts must be held off
coil to coil wire to wire, Internal proximity assumed to be close.

http://teslawavetuner.blogspot.com <http://teslawavetuner.blogspot.com/>

Thanks for you assistance!

Jim Mora

<Clicking on the Pic zooms> There is one of a single Coil which well
illustrates the issue. Zooming I noticed there are Neoprene shims on either
side of the splice so the area of most concern is narrowed. Normally there
would be 6004Volts/4 =1500volts between coils. What I intend to do will
double that at this tie point.