[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Choosing the right toroid [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Choosing the right toroid

"size your toroid to about the same dimensions as your secondary coil form"

Im totally with David on this one, if you like to keep your life simple
anyway.
If you find you can use a little more capacitance you can do like I did and
add a smaller toroid directly under your large one. I have a 4"x~24"
secondary. I added a 3x10 spun toroid under my 4x24 home-made and it let me
tune out the primary a little further, get somewhat longer sparks and
completely eliminated strikes to the primary.
Its much easier to add capacitance than it is to subtract.