[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] Was: Raytheon turns ratio too high for sane resonant charging, Now: more reasonabe 50:1 [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Was: Raytheon turns ratio too high for sane resonant charging, Now: more reasonabe 50:1

Hi Greg, et al,

I suspect you are right! Actually it is a combination of additive errors-
isn't that the way it usually goes? I back fed winding 1,2 HV with a
measured, while, loaded MOT of 1280v (HV resistor divider) versus
yesterday's 120v feed. Indeed core magnetism is a big issue in this case, as
well. Now I get a more realistic ratio of ~ 50:1 or 208Vin*50 = 10.4KVac out
/ phase. In a perfect world, this test is "supposed" to work in theory for
electricians to get in the ballpark. I do measure, albeit 10x smaller,
voltage on the LV side on other windings which may prove your point. It is
not a balanced system. 10,400 * SQR 2* Sqr 3 = VT fullwave 6 pulse: so
10,400*1.41= 14,664volts(3 pulse)* 1.73=~25.4KV (6 Pulse). This is much more
what was expected tracking backwards from 24KV name tag on the tube tank
considering losses.

So now I have to figure a way to charge the tank with a 6Pulse, up to 25.4KV
DC supply without a 2x resonant inductor. I can tame that voltage down well,
hopefully, with a 3 stack of Powerstat 2156Ds fed 208v 3 phase. Ballast the
primaries? Steve Young has used an arrangement and others with a rotor
designed to charge the tank cap and discharge the tank with another
electrode arrangement. Thinking about this I woke up thinking about an inner
and outer set. I already have a 4" RF choke wound with 1KV Teflon coated
milspec wire for 12 to 16 inches or so.  What extreme power should the
blocking diode (deque) be designed to withstand under oil? I have (500)
UF5408 diodes (3 amp 1KV pk,700Vrms reverse). "Ideas anyone"?

Thanks for putting up with yesterday's rant and the used bandwidth!
Jim Mora

Take heart, I will be shutting up for awhile when I plug in the solder iron
;-^)