[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] Bus Alternator(s) driven Tesla Coil. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Bus Alternator(s) driven Tesla Coil.

 I have a pair of these joined together mirror image from the pulley connection where 6 AC phases can be used for output connections. These are called switched reluctance alternators I think because the DC field is inserted as a cone like assembly onto the pole faces switching flux to the stator ring. Only the pole faces rotate, not the actual field electromagnet. As such an extra gap loss is made between the field and the 3 phase stator ring, but there are no slip ring brushes to replace. The dual assembly is driven by a 1.5 hp variable speed motor. I also have a 64/1 pole pig transformer to place on the  selected  output. I obtain 15 volts single phase (wye) @ ~220 hz with first field testing. This should yield some 1000 watts for TC operation. Does the group think a 1.5 hp  single phase input is sufficient to run a tesla coil at 1000 watts?
HDN