[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] First notch quenching? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] First notch quenching?

Greetings folks,
     A bit of a theoretical question, I'm a bit rusty so thanks for your
patience, is it still impossible to quench on first notch?  I was trying to
explain the whole "notching" concept to someone and it occurred to me, if
an IGBT or other switch was inserted to bypass the tank capacitor enitrely
and physically disconnect the primary immediately after first notch, it
would greatly impede the tendency to transfer energy back into the primary,
as it would no longer be at the same resonate frequency.  I feel like I
might be missing something, or maybe not, or perhaps even it doesn't matter
as such a feat is impossible with current semiconductor technology.  At any
rate just felt like putting this out there, help me to remember if you
could folks.

Scott Bogard.