[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Joint pains with Tesla contact ?Myth [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Joint pains with Tesla contact ?Myth

----- Original Message ----- From: <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 8:27 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Joint pains with Tesla contact ?Myth

Are we really dealing with much higher peak currents?
So what is a tolerable Tesla coil peak current?

Peter
Tesladownunder.com

I have never drawn an arc from a Tesla coil to my hand, or with a metal rod in my hand, but I have drawn arcs to the metal contacts of a 48 inch fluourescent tube that I was holding in my hand (further down, on the glass). I noticed the glow in the tube stopped at my hand, but I felt nothing and had no symptoms later on.

I've seen videos of Jeff Behary taking arcs from some of his devices. Perhaps he would comment here.

Paul Thompson