[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] calculate secondary voltage [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] calculate secondary voltage

Some question as to whether the turns ratio between primary and secondary even applies to a tesla coil. More then likely it has to do with the ratio of primary capacity to that of the secondary. Since the secondary uses a (top load) polar capacity and also has internal capacitance between windings this becomes more complicated then a simple turns ratio.  Surely other coilers can explain this better then me.  I would imagine it involves Medhurst formula to obtain internal capacitance and as to the top load capacity I would also like to know how this is calculated. Does this also rely on formulas? Also where does the inductance of the secondary come into the picture? Not very experienced on building tesla coils, only know the rudimentals. Perhaps others can answer these further questions.HDN