[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Magnifier setup, was New nst/primary strikes [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Magnifier setup, was New nst/primary strikes

Extra coil can be more or less beside the secondary but should to be far enough
away so the sparks do not reach the secondary.  However the rod that
connects top of secondary to bottom of extra coil might then have a
rather steep slope.  To reduce this slope, the extra coil can be raised
some relative to the secondary.  Also moving the extra coil even
farther away reduces the slope of the rod.  If rod has too much
slope then the sparks might hit the rod.  There's no need for
the extra coil to be fully above the secondary though.  If you
google Tesla Magnifier, some images should come up.
Yes the power companies use corona rings too.  A corona
ring is basically a very skinny toroid.

John