[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] New nst/primary strikes [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] New nst/primary strikes

I agree that eliminating the strike rail would likely help.  I don't
use them.  Also
the upper toroid can probably be raised even higher above
the lower toroid.  I'm assuming you have about 1" between
the two toroids.  You could raise the upper toroid and have
maybe 2 or 3" between the toroids and see how that behaves.
And yes a larger diameter toroid will tend to push the sparks
out somewhat farther.  You'd have to retune of course.  Also
there's a limit to how large the toroid can be and still get
good looking spark action using a given input power.
It's usually good when the max. spark length is about 3 or
4 times the toroid diameter, at least from a spark appearance
point of view.

John