[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] New Topic: Large Variac 240V? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] New Topic: Large Variac 240V?

Steffan
If the variac is indeed wired as a 240 v unit one leg of your 240 will
be the "neutral" (more correct HOT common ).  A way to determine if it is
240 is put 0-240v from a separate power supply into outside connections,
wiper is unconnected.  No load
magnetization quiescent  current should not exceed 1-2% of full load
current.  If it exceeds that significantly, unit is tops 140v and probably
120v.

Hope this helps...

--
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS